Red, Black & Green
University Student Housing and Hospitality Services together want to encourage students to participate in our sustainability efforts. And one of the easiest things you can do is recycle!
What to Recycle
So many things we use everyday can be reclaimed and remade again:
- Paper - We'll take office, glossy and colored paper, envelopes, cardstock, newspaper, magazines and telephone books.
- Cardboard - Flattened boxes, cereal boxes and paper grocery bags are all good!
- Beverage Containers - Glass bottles, aluminum or steel cans and #1 and #2 plastic (check the bottom!) are all recyclable.
- Plastics - We'll take ALL plastics (#1 - #7, plastic bags, plastic wrap, red solo cups, take out containers, plastic trash bags, laundry baskets, etc.)
- Styrofoam - We take packing foam, foam cups, foam plates, egg carts, etc. All items must be clean and dry with no food residue.
- Other Items - Housing Services will also take items like ink cartridges, batteries, toner cartridges, chemicals, lab glass, computers and other electronics. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Where to Recycle
- Paper, plastic and beverage container recycling bins are located in all the Residence Halls on all the floors.
- Cardboard recycling can be found outside many of the residence halls at specially marked bins.
If you decide to recycle, please do not contaminate recyclables with food or wet garbage! For example, a pizza box with sauce and cheese on it should be thrown out with regular trash. If in doubt, go ahead and put the item in the regular trash.
We have a new drop off station for your recyclables! Any student, staff or faculty member can take advantage of the drop-off station, and it's accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This location will accept all the items listed above but also: tin, aluminum and textiles (clothing, bedding, towels, broken appliances, computer, TVs, etc.).
All items must be bagged, except for electronics such as TVs or appliances, microwaves, toasters, etc. All cans must be emptied and rinsed out. We do not except pizza boxes, tissue paper, or any containers with food, tobacco or trash in them.
The drop off station is located behind Housing Services. There are direction signs located at the Physical Plant parking lot entrances off of Main and Flint and Main and Harford (across from the Student Rec Center). The signs say "TTU Recycling".