Spring Move Out - May 13, 2015
Students need to be moved out of their room 24 hours after their last final OR by Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 10:00 a.m., whichever comes first.
Helpful Tips for Move Out
- Pack your belongings early. If you can, start taking your possessions home during weekends.
- Clean your room thoroughly to avoid being charged for cleaning. Make your room look like it is "Move In" ready.
- Leave all furniture and items that belong to Texas Tech University in the room.
- For all movable furniture rooms, place bed height in the 6th position.
- Attend your floor/courtyard closing meeting to make sure you are aware of checkout procedures.
- Set up a checkout time with your Community Advisor (CA) or Senior Community Advisor (SCA).
- Fill out the Update Your Mailing Address » form.
- Check your mailbox for mail and packages before you leave.
- Meet with your CA to go through your room and recheck your closet and all drawers for anything left behind.
- Leave your key with your CA, sign your inventory and take the back copy of the inventory form with you.
- Check your Raiderlink account two to three weeks after move out for any charges you may have incurred and pay for any items you know
you are responsible for to avoid having a hold placed on your account. If you would like to appeal or learn more about a charge on your
account, fill out the
Appeal a Move Out Charge » form.
- Please place all unwanted items, including bicycles, in the appropriate Give and Go » bin.
- For questions about leftover dining dollars, visit Hospitality Services website.
Reminders for Parents
- Ask your student about what damages they know have occurred to the room, this way the charges will not be a surprise.
- Rooms must be clean at time of checkout. Free cleaning buckets and supplies are available at the front desk of each hall.
- Charges from move out will be posted within two weeks after move out to your student's Raiderlink account. Your student will not receive notification if billed, so it is their responsibility to check their account even after leaving TTU. Charges from move out will be noted as "Lock change/damage charges" on their account.
- If your student feels a charge is not appropriate, they must appeal a damage charge within 30 days of it being posted on their account. All appeals must be submitted using the online form within 30 days from the billing date.
|Reason for Charge||Amount|
|Lost/Not Returned Key||$50 per door|
|Holes in Wall||$5 per hole|
|Paint||$45 - $700|
|Broken Light Fixture/Lens||$40 - $80|
|Not Checking Out with CA||$50|
See a detailed list of Hall and Room Maintenance Charges »
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't want to take everything home with me?
Donate clean items that are in good condition to Give and Go ». All items donated through this program are given to Goodwill. You will find donation boxes in your hall's common areas.
Storage for personal items is not available for students in the residence halls. Many local storage units are available at reasonable rates.
Where can we retrieve items if we have accidentally left them behind?
Abandoned items are kept for 30 days after students have moved out. University Student Housing (USH) Staff will call and also send a letter to notify you to collect these items. Once you have been contacted, you can make an appointment to retrieve your belongings Monday - Friday between 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please be aware there is $50 abandoned property fee for leaving belongings in the room.
What if I'm moving into a different space/hall after the semester is over?
If you are living on campus for the summer and currently live in Murray, Carpenter/Wells, or West Village, you may contact the Senior Business Assistants » to find out when you will be able to move. If you are living on campus for the summer and currently do not live in Murray, Carpenter/Wells, or West Village you will be notified by USH staff regarding the dates you can move. For both of these circumstances, please note the date(s) will depend on when the student who is in your future space moves out. This could be after the semester graduation date.
When is the last day I will get mail?
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 is the last day of mail delivery for all residence halls (except Murray and West Village).