2017 Off-Campus Housing Fair
Please note: This is an informational Housing Fair and no lease agreements will be permitted to be signed during this event.
- Registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, October 3, 2016
- Only the first 35 reservations will be accepted
- Reservations prior to October 3, 2016 will not be accepted
- As part of online registration, you will have the option to list your top three table choices. Please refer to the table map at the top of the registration page
- Complete the form and submit it (keep in mind the data entered will be used for printed marketing before, during, and after the fair)
- A copy of your registration will be emailed to the address that you provide
- The online registration system will time stamp each reservation submission and an USH staff member will confirm reservations on a first come, first served basis
- Once your registration is confirmed, a University Student Housing staff member will contact you with your table number. Please do not send payment until you have received your table number
- The event will be promoted to our students in the following ways:
- Facebook University Student Housing at Texas Tech University
- Daily Toreador Ads printed on:
- December 7, 2016 (last day of class)
- January 19, 2017 (1st day of class)
- February 13, 2017 (day before the fair)
- Poster campaign through all residence halls
- Email campaign to all residence hall students
Two complimentary parking permits will be issued for each table with registration. Permits cannot be moved from vehicle to vehicle. Additional parking permits can be purchased for $10.00 each with your registration.
Registration Fees and Payments
The standard registration fee is $475. Early bird registration is discounted to $450 if registration is completed by December 18, 2016. The registration fee includes:
- Table space (one 8-foot table)
- 2 chairs
- 2 complimentary parking permits
- 2 $10.00 meal cards
Payments will be accepted in the form of cash, check, money order or credit card. Checks or money orders may be mailed or dropped off at University Student Housing in the Wiggins Complex located at 3211 18th St. Credit card payments will only be accepted in person and cannot be made over the phone.
All payments must be received within 14 days of table confirmation. Your registration will not be finalized until your payment has been received.
Checks or money orders should be made payable to "Texas Tech University" and mailed to:
- University Student Housing
Off-Campus Housing Fair
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1141
A copy of your registration information, along with your receipt, will be emailed once payment is received.
Student Legal Services Involvement
TTU's Off Campus Housing Fair is a part of Student Legal Service's "Know Your Rights Week" and is a student's opportunity to gain valuable information about off-campus living. Student Legal Services will present general information about leasing. Student Legal Services is dedicated to creating informed students, helping them make the right choices, and creating better tenants. Please feel free to follow-up with students after the fair.
Setup and Clean-Up
Setup will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
Each property is responsible for removing all supplies and materials brought to the fair by 6:30 p.m. Please take oversized items that need to be disposed of directly to the dumpsters located in the loading dock area.
Restrictions on Promotions, Decorations and Giveaways
- Any food must be catered through Top Tier Catering at (806) 742-1966
- Only Coca-Cola beverages can be used or given away (including Powerade and Dasani water)
- Promotional givaways (pens, koozies, etc.) are permitted
- Chance drawings for larger prizes are permited, but winners and prizes cannot be awarded on Texas Tech property
- No sand, water fountain/pools, hay/straw (loose or in bales), or margarita-style machines
- Displayed materials cannot be affixed to the wall or floors – must be placed on or suspended from the table
- Electricity is not provided or available
- Live animals are prohibited
- In an effort to accommodate working students, early breakdown of a booth is prohibited
Prior to the beginning of the fair, staff will be checking each station to ensure guidelines and restrictions are met. Failure to comply with the guidelines could result in materials being removed.
- Giveaway items (pens, koozies, etc.)
- Company table cloths/linens
Please be aware that unassigned tables will either be prepared with informational materials (such as renter’s insurance flyers, bed bug information) or will be removed as determined by USH staff prior to the start of the fair.