Off-Campus Housing Fair
Please note: This is an informational Housing Fair and no lease agreements will be permitted to be signed during this event.
- Registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, October 10, 2014.
- Only the first 25 reservations will be accepted.
- Reservations prior to October 10 will not be accepted.
- As part of online registration, you will have the option to list your top three table choices. Please refer to the table map at the top of the registration page.
- Complete the form and submit it (keep in mind the data entered will be used for printed marketing before, during, and after the fair).
- A copy of your registration will be emailed to the address that you provide.
- The online registration system will time stamp each reservation submission and an USH staff member will confirm reservations on a first come, first serve basis.
- If you are paying by credit card, payment will be accepted over the phone when your table number is confirmed. If you are paying by check, you have 14 days for the check to arrive. Your registration will not be finalized until your payment has been received.
- Do not send your check until you have received a table number from our staff member.
- TechAnnounce (TechAnnounce is the official email announcement/communication method for Texas Tech University. It generally comes out at least once per business day. All students, faculty, and staff are auto enrolled to receive it to their official TTU designated email address.)
- Tweets (@TTUHousing)
- Facebook Event (Created by University Student Housing at Texas Tech University)
- Daily Toreador Ads
- ad on December 3, 2014 (last day of class)
- ad on January 14, 2015 (1st day of class)
- ad on February 2, 2015 (day before the fair)
- Posters in the Residence Halls
Two parking permits will be issued for each table with registrations. Permits can be moved from vehicle to vehicle the day of the event. Additional parking permits can be purchased for $10 each with your registration.
Registration Fees and Payments
The standard registration fee is $475. Early bird registration is discounted to $450 if registration is completed by December 22, 2014. The registration fee includes:
- table space (one 6-foot table)
- 2 chairs,
- advertisement to the Texas Tech Community
- 3 ads in the Daily Toreador (12,000 newspapers printed and available online)
- door hangers in the residence halls
- posters on campus
Checks or money orders should be made payable to "Texas Tech University". Checks or money orders can be dropped off at University Student Housing at the Wiggins Complex or mailed to (please include a copy of your registration receipt email):
- University Student Housing
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1141
A copy of your registration information will be emailed to you as soon as it has been submitted. A receipt of your payment will also be emailed to you once it is received.
Student Legal Services Involvement
TTU's Off Campus Housing Fair is a part of Student Legal Service's "Know Your Rights Week" and is a student's opportunity to gain valuable information about off campus living. Student Legal Services will present general information about leases and the moving off campus process. Student Legal Services is not anti-landlord, but pro-student. An informed student, making the right choices, creates a better tenant and should limit future problems. Feel free to create opportunities to follow-up with students after the fair.
Setup and Clean-Up
Setup will begin at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 3. Use of the loading dock for the room will be available at this time but you will need to purchase a parking permit from the pay booth.
Each property is responsible for removing all supplies and materials brought to the fair by 5:00 p.m. on February 3. Please take oversized items that need to be disposed of directly to the dumpsters located in the loading dock area.
Restrictions on Promotions, Decorations and Giveaways
- Any food must be catered through Top Tier Catering at 806-742-1966.
- Only Coca-Cola beverages can be used or given away (including Powerade and Dasani water).
- No sand, water fountain/pools, hay/straw (loose or in bales), or margarita-style machines.
- Displayed materials cannot be affixed to the wall or floors – must be placed on or suspended from the table.
- Electricity is not provided or available.
- Live animals are prohibited.
Prior to the beginning of the fair, staff will be checking each station to ensure guidelines and restrictions are met. Failure to comply with the guidelines could result in materials being removed.
- Giveaway items (company pens, stationary, etc.)
- Company table cloths/linens
Please be aware that unassigned tables will either be prepared with informational materials (such as renter’s insurance flyers, bed bug posters) or will be removed as determined by USH staff prior to the start of the fair.