- This is a $50 non–refundable fee, and is only required one time for every resident on campus, so it is only necessary to select this fee if you will be a first time resident in our halls or if you have not lived on campus for at least an academic year. Residents returning for consecutive academic years do not need to pay this fee.
- An advance payment of $400 is required for each contract signed. The advance payment is maintained in a separate account and will be refunded in the spring semester of the given academic year. Students with a financial need can apply for a Deferral of the Advance Payment ». Students currently living on-campus who wish to sign up for the next academic year have the option to apply for a Rollover of the Advance Payment ». This option will expire in mid-March for the subsequent fall term. Please see your University Student Housing and Hospitality Services Contract Guide » for more details on the Advance Payment.
Apartment/Suite Reservation Fee
- This $250 fee is only required if a room in the Carpenter/Wells Complex », Murray Hall », Gordon Hall » or Talkington Hall » is selected and is in addition to the $400 Advance Payment . Please be aware that this fee is non–refundable if your contract is cancelled before the end of the contract term. The apartment/suite reservation fee will be refunded in the spring semester of the given academic year, or may be rolled over into the next fall contract period if a student renews their residency on campus in an apartment or suite.
Semester Room & Board Fees
- The student agrees to pay the Residence Hall room and board (Dining Plan) fees and properly billed charges at the time scheduled by the university. Room and board fees are due and payable by the semester.
- Dining Rates for 9-month, commuter, faculty/staff and summer plans are available on the Hospitality Services website.
- The student will be charged 60% of the total Residence Hall room and board (Dining Plan) fees in the Fall and 40% in the Spring.
- A Deferral or Rollover » of the advance payment may be requested by visiting the University Student Housing office, temporarily located in the trailers next to the College of Media and Communications on the Southeast corner of 15th and Flint.
- However, fees may also be paid by an installment plan if needed. Payments are made directly to Student Business Services in accordance with the installment payment plan in effect. Payments may be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal check, cashier's check or money order payable to Texas Tech University.
Room Rates: 2012 - 2013 Academic Year
Please see information concerning making Payment Arrangements » to learn about paying or reviewing the status of payment(s) of the application fee, advance payment or apartment/suite reservation fee. The room rates listed below can be found on your eBill statement for a particular semester.
|ROOM TYPE||FALL (60%)||SPRING (40%)||SPRING ONLY (50%)||ACADEMIC YEAR|
|Traditional Halls (double occupancy)||$2,628.00||$1,752.00||$2,190.00||$4,380.00|
|Traditional Halls Suites (w/Bath)||$3,039.00||$2,026.00||$2,532.00||$5,065.00|
|Gordon Hall Suites||$3,039.00||$2,026.00||$2,532.00||$5,065.00|
|Gordon Hall Efficiency (disability)||$3,039.00||$2,026.00||$2,532.00||$5,065.00|
|Traditional Hall Single Room Additional Fee||$657.00||$438.00||$547.50||$1,095.00|
|Traditional Hall Suite (w/Bath) Single Room Additional Fee||$759.75||$506.50||$633.13||$1,266.25|
|Gordon Hall Single Room Additional Fee||$759.75||$506.50||$633.13||$1,266.25|
Room Rates: Summer 1 and 2, 2013
Rates are for the Summer 1 2013 and Summer 2 2013 contract periods.
|ROOM TYPE||SUMMER 1||SUMMER 2||TOTAL|