Winter Break Closing
Residence Halls Close
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Residence Halls Reopen
Sunday, January 12th, 2014
You should vacate your room no more than 24 hours after your last final and no later than December 12th at 10:00 am.
Room or Hall Moves » must be completed by December 13th at 12:00 pm (noon). Check with your hall office for details.
Residents who have cancelled their housing but have not yet moved out will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 742-2661 to schedule a move out time for January 9 or 10.
- Make sure to attend your floor/courtyard closing meeting and talk to your CA/SCA to receive further information on Winter Break Closing
- Residence Hall staff will be entering all rooms over the winter semester break. All policy violations will be documented at that time.
- Additionally, Maintenance and Custodial staff may be entering your room to change heating and air conditioning filters or to clean suite bathrooms during the break.
- 24-Hour Quiet Hours for finals will begin on December 4th at 10:00 pm.
- The last day of mail delivery is December 12th, except for Murray and Carpenter/Wells. Mail will not be forwarded over the winter semester break.
- If you will not be moving to a new room for the spring semester, you are not required to take all of your belongings home over the break.
- If your roommate is not returning next semester, please prepare your room for a new roommate by keeping their side of the room empty and clean. You will be charged (retroactively) for a single room if a new roommate cannot move in.
Don't Forget To:
- Let your CA/SCA know when you are leaving
- Make sure you have everything you need for the break (medication, passport, jewelry, electronics, etc.)
- Be sure to take fish home with you if you have them
- Clean, defrost and unplug your refrigerator (takes about 1 day)
- Unplug everything in your room
- Remove all perishables from your room
- Take out your trash
- Close your blinds and lock your windows
- Turn off all lights and ceiling fans
If you do not plan to return to Texas Tech after the semester break:
- Go to the University Student Housing Welcome Center in the Wiggins Complex to cancel your contract
- Set up a room checkout with your CA/SCA
- Make sure everything is removed from your room and your room is clean
If you withdraw from the university after leaving for Winter Break, you are also required to cancel your University Student Housing contract. Start the process by contacting the Welcome Center at email@example.com.
University Student Housing Offices located in the Wiggins Complex will be closed
Monday, December 23rd, 2013 – Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 for university holidays.
We will reopen at 8:00 am on Thursday, January 2nd, 2014.