Winter Break Closing
Residence Halls Close
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Residence Halls Reopen
Sunday, January 11, 2015
You should vacate your room no later than 24 hours after your last final
or no later than December 11, 2014 at
Room or Hall Moves » must be completed by
December 12, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). Check with your hall office for details.
If you need to request to stay past December 11, 2014 or are changing rooms, you must fill out the
Stay Late at Winter Break Request
Residents who need to cancel their housing after December 11, 2014 but have not yet moved out
will need to contact
email@example.com or call (806) 742-2661 to schedule a move out time on January 8, 2015 or
January 9, 2015.
- Make sure to attend your floor/courtyard closing meeting and talk to your CA/SCA to receive further
information on Winter Break Closing.
- Residence Hall staff will be entering all rooms over the winter semester break. All policy
violations will be documented at that time.
- Additionally, maintenance and custodial staff may be entering your room to change heating
and air conditioning filters or to clean suite bathrooms during the break.
- 24-Hour Quiet Hours for finals will begin on December 3, 2014 at 10:00 p.m.
- The last day of mail delivery is December 11, 2014, except for Murray,
Carpenter/Wells, and West Village. Mail will not be forwarded over the winter break.
- If you will not be moving to a new room for the spring semester, you are not required to
take all of your belongings home over the break.
- If your roommate is not returning next semester, please prepare your room for a
new roommate by keeping the other side of the room empty and clean. You will be charged (retroactively)
for a single room if a new roommate cannot move in but may still receive a roommate for the spring term.
- Your room is reserved for the full academic year. If you will not be returning to TTU for the spring 2015 term, please visit the
USH Welcome Center to cancel your contract.
Don't Forget To:
- Let your CA/SCA know when you are leaving
- Make sure you have everything you need for the break (medication, passport, jewelry, electronics,
airline tickets, contact lenses, etc.)
- Be sure to take fish home with you if you have them
- Clean, defrost and unplug your mini-fridge (takes about 1 day) - Do not unplug common
- Unplug everything in your room (Except Murray, Carpenter/Wells, and West Village)
- Remove all perishables from your room
- Take out your trash
- Close your blinds and lock your windows
- Turn off all lights and ceiling fans
- Check to make sure you are following all University Student Housing
policies » during the break
If you do not plan to return to Texas Tech after the semester break:
- Go to the University Student Housing Welcome Center in the
Wiggins Complex to cancel your contract
- Set up a room checkout with your CA/SCA
- Make sure everything is removed from your room and your room is clean
If you withdraw from the university after leaving for Winter Break, you are also required to
cancel your University Student Housing contract. Start the process by contacting the Welcome
University Student Housing Offices located in the Wiggins Complex
will be closed Monday, December 22, 2014 – Thursday, January 1, 2015
for university holidays.
We will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, January 2, 2015.